Monday, April 26, 2010

Music in Motion

**Taking a 10 minute TPA 3 break!**

In high school Centennial hosted a competition titled "Music in Motion."  It was always a blast but the last few weeks I've been really loving the phrase.

I've been hearing just amazing songs lately that have been speaking to me.  What's great about them is that they're songs that scream fabulous messages of living out your life for God.  Sometimes it just seems like these songs are being sang just for me... I know that it's God using music to reach my heart.

Despite how exhausting life can be... I am so blessed to be given these opportunities.  Yes... I feel like I'm drowning in curriculum and TPAs and assessment projects and mid-terms and LIFE... but really, how AMAZING is it that God has given me the chance to pursue my dream?!  That He has shown me in the past 7 months how my life can be used for His glory even in a public school.  And before people freak out.. it's not about preaching to my students.  It's about living a life that is worth modeling.

Right now I look at the calendar and the clock and I ask myself how on Earth this is all going to get done.  But I know that where God guides He also provides (thanks Catherine!) and if I'm being obedient to His will, He will provide a way.

And while I'm rambling... how incredible is it that God gave me a husband who is willing to sacrifice so much for us?!  A husband who is willing to spend 8 more months of his life in a war zone... away from his wife and son... so that I can pursue this dream of being an educator.  Marriage isn't easy and I'm not saying that ours is perfect... but I do know that I am very blessed to have a husband who is willing to sacrifice so much.

Anyway... back to my topic.  Music in motion.  I've been hearing songs that I feel really encourage me to put my faith into action.  To continue to strive to put my obedience to God first.  I'm way behind on my devotions (as in... half of Deuteronomy and Joshua)... but I know that I need to get back to that.  When I'm giving God my time, I can see it impact my attitude, my stress level, my relationships... my everything.

I'm having a hard time deciding which songs to list here because so many have been touching me lately... here are a few:

"Praise You in this Storm" Casting Crowns
"This is How We Know" Matt Redman
"What Would Life Be Like" Big Daddy Weave
"Forgiven" Sanctus Real
"Lead Me" Sanctus Real (lyrics on my previous post)
"What Faith Can Do" Kutless
"You" Britt Nicole

That's just a few... but if you're bored... look them up.  They're FABULOUS songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment