Monday, September 27, 2010

Today was a big day for our family!  Jon started his first day of working at Forward Advantage!  I haven't gotten a full recap, but he said via text that it was going very well!  I am SO excited!!!  I'm so excited to see where God is leading our family with this one!  We spent a lot of this summer praying, and one of the things that we prayed about was that Jon wouldn't just find a job that would get us by... but that he would find a job that could turn into a career.  I don't know what God's plan is, or if this is going to turn into a career for Jon, but I know that this is a field that Jon could definitely turn into a career!  Not to mention that he's working for an amazingly family oriented company!  They don't just "deal" with families... they embrace them!  One of the houses that we're looking at is RIGHT by the Forward Advantage office!  It would be so awesome to be able to walk over with Nicholas to have lunch with Daddy!  Nicholas even made Daddy a pencil/pen cup for his desk!!  I want to make this new job and move a family event!!
--------------------
I've started back into my Bible reading and, in the process, I've been reviewing my notes.  Back in February to May, before full time teaching, I was doing really well.  Then I started slacking and never really got back into it.  I'm trying to really get back on track now, especially because Nicholas gets into it.  When I was reading the other day, he actually came to the table and asked me to read it to him.  I was just reading Psalms but I made it sound dramatic and he seemed to enjoy it.  Then he "read" it to me (Jesus told the dinosaurs to go away, I guess that's his version of extinction, haha). 

One of the verses that really stood out to me was Job 22:21-22:

Submit to God and be at peace with Him; in this way prosperity will come to you.  Accept instruction from His mouth and lay His words in your heart.

I got a lot of things from these two little verses.  One... SUBMIT to God.  I need to work on that.  Even as I speak of being excited of our move to Fresno, I'm nervous.  We need to find a place to live in the next two weeks, we need a second car, and it's all expensive.  We're looking at having to put out a lot in the next month for deposits, rent, vehicles, and moving expenses.  I need to work on really just trusting that God wouldn't leave us hanging.  Where God guides, God provides.  Second... prosperity is not in the American sense.  It doesn't mean that God will provide me with a nice house with a white picket fence, a dog, a cat, and 2.5 children.  It means that God will supply my needs and give me the contentment that comes from a relationship with Him.  Lastly... I need to work on obeying God's will.  It's not so much that I disobey God's will, it's that I need to spend more time (much more time!) in prayer will Him so that I hear and recognize His instructions.

Anyway, I really am excited because I know that this job is part of God's plan for Jon.  It's like the song "Here I Am" where they sing "Somehow my story is a part of your plan..."  I know that God is going to find a way to use Jon at Forward Advantage.  Maybe it's just to get us closer to Christian friends... or maybe it's because there will be a job opportunity for me in Fresno.  Regardless, I need to really work on being content and trusting in His will for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment