Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Attitude... Jobs... and Nooks :)

I feel like the last few weeks have been a roller coaster, but almost a good one.  Not all the events or outcomes have been good... but my attitude has improved.

So first, I should apologize to anyone who has had to be near me in the past 2 months.  I know it hasn't been pleasant.  I was angry with life, angry with God, and it definitely showed... but I'm definitely coming to a place of peace.  I'm coming to place where I realize that even if I don't necessarily WANT where God is placing me right now... that this is an important part of a MUCH bigger picture.  I see my life in the present and sometimes the past... but God sees everything like a big storyboard and he knows he has to put this part in before the next part can work.  So even though I'm really still struggling with being content and happy with where I am, I'm getting to a point of being at peace with it.  I think the verse that touched me the most was Romans 8:28 that says (paraphrasing) that all things work together for good for those who serve the Lord.  I've been trying to remind myself of that constantly.

I was blessed with an interview at Robert F Kennedy High School.  I didn't get the job, which did kind of stink.  I was looking forward to the opportunity.  The school has amazing technology... as in, I was practically drooling all over myself.  But alas, I didn't get the job.  I'm not too bitter... I know that I was interviewing alongside very well qualified candidates.  Another position has opened and I've done my best to put my name out there.  If God chooses to, He'll put me there... if not, I'm reminding myself that while teaching is my passion TODAY... God knows my passions for LIFE.  He doesn't shut a door to leave us in an empty closet.  He at least opens a window :)

My biggest stressor was feeling like a failure to my family.  The whole plan for the last 14 months has been for Jon to sacrifice for a year so that I could get my credential and then I could support us.  I could be the one working while he went back to school or what have you.  With my not finding a job... I really felt like I had failed him.  He was going back to Afghanistan because of me.  This past week has opened up quite a few doors for him and while we don't know which one God is going to actually walk him through (if any)... Jon has shown me what an amazing husband he is.  Instead of me comforting him on the possibility of his going back to a war zone... he's been comforting me.

Here's to living the truth of Romans 8:28!!

No comments:

Post a Comment