Sunday, December 18, 2011

December Updates :)

Wow... another post in less than a month?  I'm proud of myself!!

So last time I posted I mentioned that we had our first not-so-great measurements with the doctor-from-a-bad-place.  She had measured me at 2.5.  My OB was kind and (after I broke down sobbing in her office) referred me to a new Perientologist at Children's Hospital in Madera.  Their office has been absolutely amazing.  They got me in within a week and, because they actually took the time to measure me properly, I measured at 2.9.  That was a little low for where I am in the pregnancy, but nothing to be all that concerned about.   No restrictions or limitations.  We felt immensly better... though I admit I was a bit peeved... we also found out why my body is especially difficult to measure... when it took the u/s tech 15 minutes and then she gave up and called in the Peri and they explained why I'm difficult to measure, it made me angry that the original office never spent more than 3 minutes getting a good number.  The Peri said that as long as I stayed above a 2.5 at my 28 week measurements they would release me to enjoy my pregnancy and just see my normal OB.

Anyway... we went back on Thursday for what we were hoping would be the last appointment with them.  Unfortunately, I didn't stay above a 2.5 and actually dropped down to about a 1.9.  Doc was concerned and put me on "light duty/bedrest."  He said at this point there's no need to lay down all day, but gave me some strict limitations and guidelines on what he wants me doing (and not doing) and we go back again on the 29th at 30 weeks.  I talked to the powers that be at work and gave them a head's up so they would know what's going on in case I do get pulled from work.  Thankfully, I started a 3-week Christmas break yesterday so I've got a good 3 weeks before it's even an issue.

Other than that, things are going well!  I'm getting paranoid about not being ready for Baby Monkey to make his appearance.  I know that, in reality, babies need very little to come home.  Carseat, diapers, wipes, and boob... we'll be fine (and those things we have).  That being said, it's scary to feel like we have this long list of things to pick up.  I'm about to order the crib/dresser/changer and I'll grab the bedding and probably his swing after the 1st.  That alone will make me feel better.  Once we get the office transformed into a nursery I'll feel more prepared.  I just feel guilty because, well, now I'm not much help in the process.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!  We're really enjoying preparing for Christmas and especially teaching Nicholas about how Jesus is the most awesome gift we've ever been given!!

No comments:

Post a Comment