Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Morning Musings...


Happy Monday Morning!  Many thoughts today... each more random than the next...

  • I've got an unhealthy obsession with post-its... just ask anyone who has gone to an AVID conference with me.  It's bad.  That obecession has now turned electronic as my birthday-present-laptop has a sticky notes program.  My desktop is currently a GORGEOUS picture of Jon and Nicholas (taken by David Karnowski, check him out, he rocks!) but you can't see that picture because there are 7 sticky notes covering it up. 
  • As silly as it sounds, I was actually excited to pack Nicholas' lunches for kingergarten this year.  In fact, 3 of the above said post-its are lists of creative main dish/side/treat options because I'm 99% sure he won't be allowed to take anything with peanut butter.  Then I realized/remembered that the Clovis Unified School Distict does half-day kindergarten.  So he'll either come home for lunch after school, or eat lunch before he goes.  That makes me kind of sad.
  • I have been LOVING the book of Titus.  It's only 3 chapters so if you get a break in your day.. check it out!
  • It's hitting me that I kind of have issues with follow through.  I have all these plans to make treats for the guys at Jon's work for tomorrow and to decorate the kicthen table for Nicholas... and this morning I realize "Oh yeah, when I went grocery shopping, I probably should have bought those ingredients..." It's not that it's expensive, it's that my goal for this two-week grocery cycle was to ONLY run to the store to pick up produce.  All those little trips for forgotten things or cravings add up and I want to try to just work with what we have.  Oh well... Nicholas is home with me today (figured he needed one more full day of antibiotics before he goes back) so we'll just have to run by Target.
  • I need to decide if I'm going to sign Nick up for T-ball.  The truth is, he doesn't seem all that interested.  Everytime I bring it up, he brings up soccer... which doesn't start until August.  I don't want to push anything on him he doesn't want... but at the same time, he asks to meet new little boys and I figure that's one way to do it.  You get to pick the elementary school you practice at so if I can get him into the one at HIS school, he might even meet kids he'll be going to school with.  Then again, if he's not into T-Ball, he's just going to want to play around and not actually play the game.
  • I'm trying to convince Nicholas to either have a Monster Truck birthday party.  Surprisingly, it's not working.  I'm not sure how, since the kiddo is obsessed with Monster Trucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment