Sunday, February 5, 2012

Stream of Consciousnses Sunday



I feel like God has given me a big blessing over the last few years, but it's kind of a random blessing, or a blessing in disguise.  Of course, I've been blessed with a healthy family, good home, plenty of food, etc... but this is more something that only I can appreciate personally.

God has been so gracious and generous to place jewels in my life that help me to feel better as a person and a mom... and to almost give us the "why" of decisions we may not like. 

An example could be last year.  We spent a good 5-6 months house hunting.  Nothing ever worked.  Everyone we know found a house quickly, and those who didn't still found one in 3-4 months.  By the time we hit 6 months we were burnt out and giving up.  The few houses we had bid on had fallen through or, for various reasons, we had backed out.  We also just couldn't find a house with what we wanted, and I don't feel like we were all that picky.  We were disappointed but when the new school year started and I was pregnant, we decided to stop looking. 

But in the past 3-4 months God has shown us so many times why it just wasn't in His plan for us to buy a house.  The more we talk, the more we don't want to spend the next 20 years in California.  We don't like the school systems here, and are worried about where it's heading.  Jon's work has the potential to let us move to another state, but if we had bought a house we'd be stuck.  We also have some other things on the back burner that we're considering (that I'd rather not make public yet) that would be tabled if we had a mortgage.  And most recently... we found out that we will owe a very significant amount in taxes this year.  Had we purchased a house, that would have been financially devastating... but God has provided what we need to take care of the situation.  I just feel SO blessed that God is generous enough to show us why we couldn't have something we wanted... He doesn't have to do that, but He is kind enough to do so.

He also gives me little jewels that He knows I need.  I have no confidence in my ability as a mom.  I second guess EVERYTHING I do and don't do... but every once in a while He uses Nicholas to show me that I'm not doing too badly.  One of those came today.  Nicholas was pretty sick yesterday... fever and cough.  He just felt like crud.  Last night when he went to bed, we prayed that God would make him feel better.  This morning, Jon got up with him and I heard Jon ask "Hey Buddy, how are you feeling?"  Nicholas responded very excited "I'm good Daddy!  God healed me all up!!"  It just melted my heart and made me feel so good that he recognized that it was God who healed him!! 

--------------------

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five-ish minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5ish minutes.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
Hosted by All Things Fadra though I got the idea from Kallay!

No comments:

Post a Comment