Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday


Happy Leap Day!!!  Hope everyone is enjoying the extra day that we get this year!  Admittedly, I would love to celebrate with a new little one making his appearance, but it's looking more and more like he REALLY wants to be a March baby :P



Sacred Marriage


So far I'm really enjoying this book!  I picked it up at a MOPS meeting a while back, and I keep it in my purse for when I have a break in the day.  I love how it gives marriage a Biblical perspective and discusses why marriage isn't just about making us happy. 

Folgers Decaf Coffee


Thank goodness for decaf coffee!  I sometimes mix it with regular coffee for a 1/2 caffenated coffee... then I can have more than a cup and I get a little bit of caffiene.  Either way, it's a delicious and welcome way to start the morning!

Brown Rice


I admit, I used to be scared of cooking rice.  I'd buy the boil-in-a-bag because the first time I tried to steam my own rice, I burned it horribly.  Then I bought a cheap rice steamer but rarely used it because it didn't do that good of a job.  I finally perfected cooking white rice, so I make cilantro-lime rice, rice pilaf, and teriyaki rice sometimes... but Jon asked me to try brown rice.  I know it's healthier, but I don't know, it just didn't look as appealing.  I made it anyway though, and it's really good and I love knowing that it's a little more nutritious.  If I'm making rice anyway, I might as well make the healthier stuff.  I won't substitute it when I'm making lime-cilantro rice, but it makes yummy rice pilaf!  I just have to remember take it takes 3 times as long to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment